Friday 25 August 2017

Dubai Airport

Have you ever been in a prayer room at the airport? I was, in Dubai. And I was surprised experiencing the following: two woman was lying on the floor, most probably sleeping. Two other was sitting around silently. After a little while a phone was ringing and was answered and a conversation was started on normal voice-level. Shortly after a conversation was finished a mother with 3 little children entered. The children started to play and chat and run and this made the place feels more a kindergarten than a mosque. Soon a cleaning lady appeared and started her work.
I hope I did not disturb anyone by not covering my head in a mosque...

Later I checked the 'rules' on the wall and -- for my surprise -- there was nothing about keeping the silence. So my assumption seemed to be false. Neither was there any restriction regarding clothes -- for my relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment